Thursday, January 13, 2011

The rest of the shop samples...for now

Here are the last of the new shop samples. Don't fret, we're already conjuring up a few more.

This sample says it all about our part of the world over the past few days. Suzanne Butt made this cute Snow Day wall hanging from Patrick Lose's book Poster Quilts. She used fabrics primarily from Robert Kaufman's Fusions collection.


Jessica Howard made this darling apple quilt. She said the apple blocks were lots of fun to piece. The pattern is Eleanor Burns Apple Cake and was made using a mix of fabrics from our 1930s area.


I wish I had a full picture of this quilt. It is fabulous. Suzanne Butt brought this work in progress to the shop last fall and my first question was, "Can I hang it in the shop?" Our black and white area needed some freshening up and this was just the piece to do it. It is from the pattern Lady Madonna by Abbey Lane Quilts.


Suzanne Butt also made this wall hanging from the pattern Freedom by Cottage Creek Quilts. We have samples from several of the patterns in this series, but this one might be my favorite. It's a simple reminder of something that I so often take for granted.


Last, but not least, is this little cutie that is perfect for Valentine's Day. I whipped this one up and learned that I need some practice making tiny pinwheel blocks. Wouldn't this make a great baby quilt? For those of you with embroidery machines I can picture a name and birthdate in the center hearts. It finishes up at under 30" square.


More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing with me.