Sunday, June 26, 2011

Quilt top in progress

Quilt top in progress...and it's going to be a good one. The fabric is Jingle All the Way by Nancy Halvorsen. We are big supporters of all things Nancy Halvorsen at the shop and this year her holiday fabric collection has a bit more of a kick than in previous years. The colors are brighter, the prints more whimsical. As with most of her collection, the prints are small scale or tone on tone. They are perfect for scrappy quilts or quilts with smaller pieces. I haven't made a quilt top with this much detail in a while and I'm enjoying the challenge of precision piecing. It's not the quilt on the cover, but one of the great projects inside the book.


I've made more progress since this picture was taken and am very pleased with the results so far. One of the things I like about this sort of project is that you can never be certain of the end result until the quilt top is completed. My goal is to get the quilt top finished by the time the fabric arrives at the shop, hopefully by the end of this week.

I can't say enough good things about the book 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts. With most books, there are one or two projects that cause me to purchase it. More than half the projects in this book are on my "to make" list. This is a great book if you love precision piecing.

It's going to be an exciting sewing week. I'll show you the results as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing with me.