Monday, July 11, 2011

Feels Good to Finish

Oh, how good it feels to mark a few things off the to do list.

Last week, I mentioned that I was participating in a blog sew along with Daisy Janie. It was a great experience and I really enjoyed making the project. There were lots of reasons I decided to participate:
  • It looked like fun (and it was!)
  • It allowed me to use up some really old supplies.
  • Not a planned reason, but it really helped me understand better how to write good instructions. Jan did a fabulous job in both words and pictures.
  • I might want to host my own sew along some time in the future, and what better way to learn than to participate.
So, from my point of view, it was a huge success. It is a really sturdy hip pouch because it is lined with canvas and has two interior pockets. I love the use of the overall buckle. This is definitely a project that will get used on a regular basis.


The other project I finished is the Nancy Halvorsen Jingle All the Way quilt top. This quilt top will be hung in the shop tomorrow morning. I'd love to get it quilted first, but that will have to wait a bit.


I really like the scrappy look and the pieced border. It is a bright, cheery quilt that will certainly freshen up any place it hangs.

There are still plenty of projects hanging out on my to do list. The next couple of priorities are to write a pattern and prep for a class I'll be teaching in a couple of weeks and to make some cute Christmas ornaments using zippers. I'm looking forward to sharing both with you in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing with me.