Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ribbon Organizer

The sewing room continues to improve. The second set of cubes went in last weekend.


The third set is scheduled to be built this weekend. It's come together way faster than I thought. It's so nice to have all my books and patterns in one place. Before, they were scattered all over the house on whatever shelf space was available.

Here's the first set of cubes from the initial set up. Check out the stacks of ribbon in the top center cube.


They look pretty good in the picture, but they are just a mess waiting to happen. You can already see how some of the ends are starting to unwrap. I snagged a great idea from pinterest for organizing ribbon. Look at it now.



I used a crochet hook to pull each ribbon through the hole. It took a while to get it set up but it works great. No more unwinding, tangled ribbon mess. The bins are a fairly common size and style and can be found at most big box stores. I'm such an organization nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing with me.